Our products are used by leading companies, national laboratories, and universities throughout the world, for applications that include spectroscopy, diagnostics, photoacoustics, hyperspectral imaging, and medical research. Based in Carlsbad, California, our products are designed, manufactured, and distributed by dedicated employees and representatives worldwide.
OPOTEK is a small but growing company with opportunities for motivated applicants with a passion for growth, technology, and innovation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
OPOTEK is looking for a full-time production engineer. This position is primarily responsible for the assembly and calibration of tunable laser systems. There is an opportunity for growth with design and development work. Come shape the future of OPOTEK!
The Production Engineer will:
- Assemble, align and calibrate tunable laser systems
- Maintain process manuals and documentation
- Assist in product development and design
- BS in Engineering
- Good communication skills
- Optics/photonics experience recommended but not required
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines
Compensation: Salary is negotiable. We are open to new students just finishing up and a qualified candidate could start part-time. Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package including paid employee health, vision and dental insurance and 401K.
OPOTEK is looking for a Product/Project Manager with experience in developing scientific prototypes into products for the commercial market.
The Project Manager/Product Development Engineer will need to:
• Work with OPOTEK marketing team to identify a market for this instrument.
• Work with OPOTEK engineers to redesign and build the instrument to fit the identified market.
• Develop strong relationships with experts within the identified market.
• BS and 5-10 years of experience related to taking a technical instrument from prototype to market
• Product/Marketing Creativity
• Motivated to learn and lead
• Strong understanding of electronics, mechanics, and software
• Imaging experience (bonus)
• Software experience (bonus)
• Industrial design experience (bonus)